I will start my blog post with the basic stuff most women do, skin care routine. So, I will share with you my routine and my favourite skin care products. Please bare in mind that product’s reaction towards our skin is different, so the effects that i have may be different that yours. First, let me introduce my skin to you, I am asian with mild- sensitive skin. I do have breakouts, but not often (usually few days before period) and the breakouts normally consists of one or two small pimples.
These are my favourite basic skin care products:
1. SK-II Facial Treatment Gentle Cleanser (used for almost 2 years)
2. SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion (used for almost 2 years)
3. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (used for almost 2 years)
5. Neutrogena Ultra- Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF50 (can’t remember the exact year when i first used this product but definitely more than 5 years)
I will use all of the above products twice a day, ‘after waking up’ (sometimes in the morning sometimes in the afternoon) and ‘before going to sleep’. To be honest, sometimes i do skip this routine because i’m too lazy but you shouldn’t as skin care routine is important to keep your skin clean in order to reduce the likelihood of dirt buildup which can lead to pimples.
These are what i do for each routine:
1. Start with cleanser and a wet face, using fingers in circular motion, rinse with water, you know the drill. Dab face dry using towel, try to avoid from wiping your face because it may harm your skin.
2. Next is the clear lotion (i.e the toner, apparently, Japanese brand uses “lotion” instead of toner, the characteristic of this lotion is not like your hand lotion, it is clear, like .. toner). For this, i use cotton pad and wipe the face, gently, upward and outward motion, avoiding eye area. Not forgetting the neck. This step will enhance you skin’s ability to absorb the benefit of the next product you going to use.
3. After that, i will dab the essence to my face, including eye and lips area, using cotton pad.
4. Next is moisturiser, using fingers, in circular motion on the face. Notice that i did not specify the brand of the product that i used because for now, i do not have any favourite moisturiser, and keep on changing my moisturiser from one brand to another. I will update you guys once i found one. Moisturiser is important to close the pores that was opened up during step 2- clear lotion/toner.
5. This step only applicable for my ‘after waking up’ routine or especially when I’m going out. I will apply sunscreen on my face and neck. I will never leave home without sunscreen, even during my lazy day, because the UV rays may harm your skin, in the long run.
That’s it, my basic skin care routine and my favourite skin care products.